Friday, August 22, 2008

Hai, the Trim Guy

If I sounded at all frazzled this morning, you should know that my afternoon shopping put me back on the right track. I decided that my mom's shrug will need some kind of trim since the ends will not look very attractive if I just hem them. So, off I went to 38th Street, swatch in hand.

I'm not sure if it is advisable to build a project around the trim, but there were so many gorgeous, fun and frilly ribbons that I was tempted. I really like Hai's Trimmings, where I found black leather barbed wire, and B&Q, which has an abundance of lace, but today I found what I wanted at Pacific Trimming, which is simply enormous.

This trip totally reinforces my philosophy that my clothing need never be plain again. Now, if I just had the time to put this philosophy into action...

No comments: