Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WIP: Baby Bag

Armed with matching thread, I began the "sewing" part of the diaper bag project last night.


One of the things I enjoy about sewing is that there are many "aha!" moments, especially with a project like this. You start with a square of fabric and fold it here, then gather it there, and finally sew it to that other piece and - voila! - it's a pocket! There is a moment of "OH! So that's how it goes!" that hasn't yet gotten old.

Anyway, last night I made pockets and attached velcro. Maybe you can see it a little better below.


After my jacket and pants, I'm happy to have a one-size-fits-all kind of project. This project is all about taking a few 2D squares and turning them into a 3D bag - a jigsaw puzzle of sorts. I really love how it is coming, even at this early stage.

1 comment:

Sarah & John said...

The bag turned out beautiful and K really loved it!