Monday, February 28, 2011

The Home Stretch!

So, over the weekend I toiled away at my Lady Grey...


I finished the collar and set in and hemmed the sleeves. I also hemmed the coat shell and finished the lining's sleeves with black lace. By Sunday afternoon, I had decided to work late into the night, if necessary, to finish the coat by morning.

Naturally, that was when this happened:



I ran out of topstitching thread with one seam left to be stitched. Moments later, I also ran out of the silk thread that I have been using for pad stitching and hand sewing. In other words, I reached an impasse. C'est la vie.

Since I can't attach shell to lining until the shell is fully topstitched, I did the only sane thing I could do. I turned on the Oscars Red Carpet. But today, I braved the rain to go get more thread and now I am ready to push through and finish this coat!

6 comments:

Karin said...

Go, go, go!

Andrea said...

It looks great so far.

Faye Lewis said...

We are all cheering for you!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Almost there! It is maddening to run out of thread. I haven sewn garments with the wrong color or thread before because I can't stand to wait. I admire your self control!

Sheila said...

You are so close and its coming so nicely.

RosMari Brand said...

It looks great so far, keep it up!