Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Twas the Day After Xmas

... And all thru the kitchen
the smell from the oven
was sooo finger lickin'...

With me in an apron
and Phin in one, too
we baked gooey cookies
like Gram' used to do.

Ok, ok. I know that "kitchen" and "lickin'" aren't an exact rhyme. And this post is late. Oh well.

Things have been a bit bonkers here in Whoville, and time for blogging has been non-existent. My backlog of posts is getting pretty long. I have finished socks, a finished baby blanket, and a rapidly growing giraffe.  My red slip is being sewn and my pimped pencil skirt is, well, being pimped. In addition, we've made candy, baked goodies and cooked three feasts. So, there is a lot to tell, provided that we manage to survive the holidays.

BUT in the interim, we wish you and yours a belated but heartfelt Very Merry Everything!  Here are a few of my favorite holiday moments.

Uncle Phin under attack by sword- and nerf-wielding nieces and nephew. (Phin provoked the attack)


A gift of potholders with artwork by my nephew Orpheus. (L to R: Swampfire, Stinkfly and Diamond Head from Ben 10)

Baking pie with 3yo assistant baker, Miss S.

4 comments:

Meg the Grand said...

It looks like you had a marvelous time baking that pie!! Hope your holiday was wonderful!

HouseOFpinheiro said...

Happy holidays darling

T. Sedai said...

It looks like you had a fun holiday! And it is great that you have been having time to sew/knit/bake/etc. even if you don't have time to blog about it. I feel sort of the same way... I pre-wrote my year-end posts for this week, but I haven't had any time to blog about other things I have going on (like my holiday desserts, or transported but still unorganized stash relocation). Oh well. It looks like you had fun holidays, and I hope you have a happy New Year too!

mimi jackson said...

Wonderful, adorable, and magical! Wishing you a happy 2013!